The EU INSC Project MC.03/10 aims at
providing training and tutoring (T&T) for the staff (experts) of Nuclear
Regulatory Authorities (NRAs) and related Technical Support Organization (TSOs)
of the Partner Countries.
The T&T activity will make reference to the EU best practices and to the requirements of the IAEA Safety Standards and Security Guidelines and relevant international instruments.
The project implementation encompasses three distinct main phases, strongly interfaced, to be carried out:
1. Preparation of the Training & Tutoring (T&T) programme
2. Organization and implementation of the Training &Tutoring (T&T) activities
3. Evaluation and assessment of results
The project activities are defined by 4 specific Tasks as shown in the figure below:
Project Tasks & Subtasks
Task 0 refers to contract management, technical coordination, planning and administrative activities; Tasks 1, Task 2 and Task 3 refer to the three phases of preparation, implementation and evaluation of training and tutoring (T&T) activities.
The results to be achieved by the Consultant, as summarized in the TOR, are the following:
Result 1- Training and Tutoring for Nuclear Regulatory Authorities including their Technical Support Organizations experts (staff), including study visits to European Regulatory Bodies and TSOs;
Result 2 - Developing a toolkit of training modules on the aspects of Nuclear and Radiation Safety;
Result 3 - Promoting cooperation of Nuclear Regulatory Authorities between the EU and partner countries by exchange of experience;
More specifically the following achievements are expected:
- Transfer of EU best practices for regulating nuclear and radiation safety;
- Establish relations among partner countries and with EU member states ;
- Elaborate the ‘’EU cooperation national training plan’’ for each partner country;
- Create a dedicated Website servicing the partner countries for their training needs;
- Train the staff from NRAs and TSOs of partner countries;
- Enhance the institutional capacity in partner countries;
- Complement training with tutoring courses;
- Elaborate appropriate and comprehensive training material.
The project main milestones with indication of correspondent achievement, deliverable, preliminary timing (To is the start of the contract) are shown below.
PROJECT MAIN MILESTONES
Preliminary Schedule - The general schedule of the EU INSC Project MC.03/10 activities is shown in the following figure. The implementation of T&Tactivity is in the scope of Task 2 and will take place approximately in the period from July 2012 up to autumn 2014. To be considered that the precise scheduling of Training and Turing courses will be defined progressively during the project implementation, with at least one month in advance, and will depend on the conclusion of the first phase devoted to the analysis of needs of the PCs, the selection of courses and the approval from the EC-PM. The selection of the trainees will take place course by course before the implementation and will be submitted to the approval of the EC-PM.